Sunday 1 February 2015

Silhouette Challenges #21 "3d Item For Craft Room"

Good Morning!

It's time for another challenge over at Silhouette Challenges. This month is
(3D Item for your Craft Room).

ADD YOUR INFO AND PIC HERE



Now onto the Challenge Info. 

Ch# 21 "3D item for your Craft Room"
Begins: Sunday, Feb 1
Ends: Saturday, Feb 28

A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.

So onto my project or projects I should say, a lot of you will know that I have been making things for my craft room all from just one stack of paper pad so I continued the theme.

Firstly I made this handy little box to store my sketch pens in, I actually need to make another one as I have more pens than this one holds. So I used a file by Jamie Cripps #46244 3d Sketch Pen Holder in the Silhouette Store.

Here are a couple of views to show just how little room it takes up. Excuse the wonky letters I did fix them after seeing the photo.


Next I made this 3d Ribbon Holder Cards & Box #45600 by Jamie Cripps also from the Silhouette Store. My intention with this was to make one box for each colour family in the hope that I could just take out a box and perhaps get through my never ending supply of ribbon BUT as you will see in the next photo I quite simply have too much ribbon.
This is just one of my drawers of ribbon I still have those odd rolls in this drawer to change to the card system plus another whole drawer to sort through.

What I did do using my Promarkers & Flexmarkers was to colour the top of the cards with the pen that matched the ribbon, as this is what takes me the longest to decide and then I get fed up and put them away again lol. 

Whilst sorting my ribbons I also decided to make these Bakers Twine Bobbins #60905 by Sweet Afton. I cut them in a heavy 300gsm white card stock first and then in a colour similar to them and then stuck these together, this gave them strength. I did this so that I could easily see which I wanted to use but could write on the back the colour name and manufacturer. At the moment I have them on this piece of cord while I am awaiting my lovely hubby to retrieve me a large book ring from the garage which is currently iced up with a heap of snow in front of it.

Supplies:-
Card Stock - Bazzill & Limetree Crafts
Designer Paper - Colour Box from years ago.
Die Cuts - As shown with each photo.

Head on over and link up your projects today.
Click HERE

5 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my gosh, these are such fantastic idea's for organizing!!! I love them all! Thanks for sharing!
Sherrie K

Nana said...

You are sure on a organizing roll my friend. I made the pen holder a while back. You have inspired me to try the others. I need to do more in my craft room. Love all of these.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

MagsB said...

These are so clever! I really must sort my ribbons.... but it's a daunting task lol! Stay warm!

love Mags B x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fantastic creations hun....love the bakers twine ones!
Hugs Shell xx

Katy said...

Wow! These are all awesome! I must check out the pen holder. Thank you for the inspiration! :)