Saturday 14 February 2015

My Time To Craft 'Oriental' Challenge

Good morning, I hope you are all well.

It is time for a new challenge over at My Time To Craft and this week we are going all 'Oriental' one of my least favourite subjects to craft to. I had nothing to fit this challenge so off I went to my local craft store which is run by Mark & Jo Channon (Jo is from Create & Craft for those of you that watch it) and at first Jo was as blank as me until we went rummaging around the store. I decided on the Tattered Lace Die called Oriental Birdcage and those coins you see in the photo. 

I cut the die in white card stock and then painted it in Rich Gold Cosmic Shimmer and did the same to my card stock to get the perfect colour match. I found the script on the fan on Google and just cut, folded and inked to get to look the way it does. For my background I cut a bamboo stencil on my Silhouette Cameo and then inked it with Bundled Sage, Old Paper & Frayed Burlap Distress Inks masking off sections until it was all completed and although it took some time to do it this way I like the effect it gave. The sentiment was also found on Google and a little bit of twine to carry my coins and it was done.
All items used linked below photo.

Supplies:-
6" Square Card Blank - Natalie & Amy
All Card Stock - Limetree Crafts
Script & Sentiment - Google
Coins & Twine - Let's Create

Ok now let's see what you can make.

9 comments:

Nana said...

BEAUTIFUL Kim. Love the papers and really love the fan. Happy Valentine's my friend.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

MagsB said...

This is so lovely, Kim, I love the paper and the fan gorgeouslove Mags B x

MagsB said...

Ooops! I meant 'the fan IS gorgeous!' I am such a silly billy lol!

love Mags B x

Ann said...

Very pretty, Kim - love the fan!

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

Super oriental card Kim, great design.

Pat xx

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Lovely. It looked like it was a subject you didn't like. Well done!

Scrapper69 said...

That turned out wonderful Kim! See you had nothing to worry about! You came up with something amazing! :)

Theresa

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fabulous hun...love your fan, great idea & that birdcage is gorgeous!
Hugs Shell xx