Saturday 4 October 2014

My Time To Craft 'Die Cuts Only' Challenge

Hello again it is lovely to be here on this lovely sunny day, it really doesn't feel like October does it?

So this week at My Time To Craft we are using 'Die Cuts Only', that means no image but of course you can use sentiments. I ended up making two cards, the first one I like but there was just something about that I didn't. I am not sure if it is because it would not lay flat and so I couldn't get a decent photograph but hey ho that is on my maybe pile lol. This was a whole card kit from the Silhouette Store designed by Daniela Angelova and went together so easily, these would be perfect for mass producing. The brown card stock has a lovely gold shimmer to it and it is a really good weight for using as a card base.

Supplies:-
Card Stock - Limetree Crafts


The second card was one I saw in the Silhouette Store and immediately thought I could have fun with that, it was designed by Alaa K. I cut is out of white card stock and then went to town with broken china distress ink. The trunk was just cut from a scrap of red card and a little bow on the top finished it off. Another card that would be quick to make in the masses and just think of the fun you could have colouring the sections in lots of colours.

Supplies:-
5x7" Card Blank - Natalie & Amy
White Card - Limetree Crafts
Red Card - Bazzill
Ink - Distress Ink by Ranger in 'Broken China'
Ribbon - Odds Box
Sentiment - Jayne Nestorenko

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
Anything Goes With A Twist - Anything Goes 10/10
Polkadoodles - Anything But Square 17/10
That's Crafty - Keep It Simple 17/10
Winter Wonderland - Red & Blue 09/10


9 comments:

Nana said...

WOW, WOW, WOW.... both cards are beautiful. I really love the first one. Looks like a Hallmark card. You are a pro with the snow. I purchased some flower soft a long time ago. I tried using it and mine did not look like yours. You need to do a how to video.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

cohenna said...

Beautiful cards. Christmas tree is wonderful :)

Pat said...

Two great cards for the challenge this week Kim.

Pat xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Love them both hun, but the deer one is my favourite!
Hugs Shell xx

Karen said...

Fab card and what a great idea, thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. xx

MagsB said...

Two fab cards, hun! I love the 3D effect of the first, and the Christmas Tree on the second is so cute! Fab work!!

love Mags B x

Danielle Vincent said...

I love both cards Kim! They are both so different and equally stunning. I LOVE the blue tree :o) Hugs D

Sam K said...

Both are so beautiful, I love the silhouette scene. Thank you for joining us over at Polkadoodles this fortnight for our Anything but a square challenge. Good luck, hugs, Samantha K xx If you're interested, there's a Promarker 12 set being given away on MY BLOG

Peanut said...

Fabulous cards, Kim. Thanks for playing along with Polka Doodles.
hugs, Asha