Tuesday 8 July 2014

Silhouette 'Print And Cut' Challenge

It's the time for another challenge over at

Ch# 15 Print N Cut
Begins: Tuesday, July 1
Ends: Thursday, July 31

A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.

Sponsor this month is:



Silhouette Printable Cotton Canvas


Print and cut is one of the many features I love about the silhouette, it doesn't mean you can only cut what is in the silhouette store it can be used in several ways and here are a few example's of what it can do:-
* cut out digital stamps
* cut out images scanned into your computer so maybe wooden stamps
* take an image and fill it with patterns or colours then decide on how you want it cut out
* make stickers
* print onto heat transfer material for t-shirts
* make calendars, chore charts etc etc.
You see those are just a few of the many, many ways it can be used.

So for my project I decided to make a couple of Christmas cards along with matching gift bags for people who love their pets or they could even be given to the pets lol. You see these were so quick and easy to make I decided to make two at a time.

Here are the cards I made one with a cat and one with a dog. I took images from the silhouette store and then offset the edge by 0.50 to cut a mat layer for each item.





I placed the same image tag on the bags.


With the corresponding image on the back.


This is the reverse of the tag all done using the print and cut method.
It took me about 20 minutes to make both of these sets.

Supplies:-
6" Scalloped Card Blanks - Natalie & Amy.
Card Stock - Bazzill
Jute Twine - Let's Create 

Head in over to see what the DT has created for you inspiration and link up today.
Click HERE

12 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

These are gorgeous projects Kim and it's always great to get a head start on Christmas. You could enter them into the Christmas Critters challenge over at http://hjcchallenge.blogspot.ca/

Hugs
Carol x

Nana said...

OH my Kim, so adorable. The little critters are just too cute. Love the set. Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

snappy scrappy said...

Awww...super sweet!!!

Kate said...

Kim, these are adorable, I really like that printable canvas and you really rocked this.
Kate

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

These are so wonderful! I love the images you chose!!

Scrapper69 said...

Kim... Those are sooo stinkin' CUTE! I've used them for Christmas Last year... they're so fun! :o)

Theresa

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hunnie these are just gorgeous!!
Hugs Shell xx

Kimberly J. said...

These are so adorable!! I love the idea of the tags and the cuts!! Great start on Holiday stuff!! :)

Becky said...

SO cute! I love the idea of making matching tags for the gift bags!

Robin said...

Really cute! I love the images you used, just adorable!!

(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

Robin said...

Really cute! I love the images you used, just adorable!!

(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

Pam said...

Hello Kim! I just love your darling creations! The kitten and puppy and are soooo adorable!
Sorry I'm late commenting, I've been out of town.
Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Pam
♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥
♥ DT for Silhouette Challenges ♥