Saturday 5 July 2014

Silhouette Challenges Special Challenge Glass Etching

"Special Challenge - Glass Etching" over at

"Special Challenge Glass Etching"
Begins: Saturday July 5
Ends: Sunday, July 20

A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.

This is in addition to our regular monthly challenge.

DT members were not required to participate.
We have 8 participating.

Sponsor is:

Winner will receive:
Silhouette Cameo Replacement Cutting Mat

Winners for any challenge is announced on the Winners page on the 3rd day of the following month after a challenge ends.

If you have never used the Silhouette for glass etching here is a how to video.


Good morning people and thank you for joining us in this special challenge. I have played with glass etching before and so decided to try something different with it this time. Firstly I will show you my glass that I did with 4 different files from the Silhouette Store. I placed the red card inside the glass to help the design show up.




The longest part of making this was the time I had to leave the cream on between each design, I tried to do it it in one go first but of course the cream spread and left dripped marks around the bottom of the glass.

Now here is my second item which is a black 4" wall tile with a gloss finish, I did this exactly the same as the glass. It almost removes the gloss finish leaving the image looking like it has been cut out of the tile, it looks much more impressive in real life.

Supplies:-
Tile & Glass - My Stash
Vinyl - Freebie from a local designer
Die Cuts Used - Love Dance Title #44468 Miss Kate Cuttables, Dancer #47414, Dancer #41876, Dancer #47412 all by Rivka Wilkins.



What are you waiting on? Step outside your comfort zone and join in the fun.

Link up your projects below.

8 comments:

Nana said...

Oh Kim, I love both of these projects. The glass is just too cute. Love all the different files you used. I was wondering if I could etch on a tile and you answered my question. It does look like it is cut on as you say and not etch. Love it..

Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Pam said...

This is so sweet! Great job!
Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Pam
♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥
♥ DT for Silhouette Challenges ♥

Becky said...

Very cool! I love how it looks on the tile.

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute projects!!! Perfect for a dancer!!!

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW Kim! Those turned out Fabulous! I LOVE the glass etching look on anything.... Nicely done! :O)

Theresa DT Sister

Inkyfingers said...

What great projects Kim and I love the tile etching - such a great idea! Your dancer is beautiful.
Hugs
Carol x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh now I see what you were making when we was on the phone! Its stunning hun love the tile
Hugs Shell xx

Robin said...

Really pretty! Love the images and especially the tile the way it stands out from the dark background :)