Saturday 24 May 2014

My Time To Craft 'Tile Effect' Challenge

Good morning all, the weather has been a bit hit and miss this week but hoping it will be better next week.

So this week at My Time To Craft we are challenging you to the 'Tile Effect', this is something that I have never done before and didn't find the easiest to do due to the pieces being small and my hands not wanting to cooperate! I used a fairly big stamp thinking that would be easier. I stamped my image and then cut it into pieces on my Silhouette machine, next I did a small offset and cut that in blue card stock and another offset of all the pieces together to get the red mat. Imagine was coloured with Promarkers & Flexmarkers. A little baker's twine and ribbon finished it off.

Supplies:-
6" Scalloped Square Card Blank - Natalie & Amy's
Card Stock - Bazzill
Baker's Twine - Echo Park
Ribbon - Local Haberdashery Store

Promarkers & Flexmarkers Used:-
Bear - Nutmeg, March Hare & Light Fawn
Balloons - Agean, Cyan, Celestial Blue, Sky Blue, Arctic Blue, Glacier Blue, Chilli Red, Poppy, Red Rooster, Antique Pink, Dusky Rose & Tea Rose
Blanket - Putty, Almond, Antique Linen, Agean, Cyan, Celestial Blue & Red Rooster

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
to be edited.

That's from me for today, please hop over to the challenge blog HERE to see all the other creations made by the team.

9 comments:

Cazro said...

A stunning card, I love your bold strong colours and of course the gorgeous image is heart warming. Caz

Claire said...

This is so effective - love the bold colours. Hugs, Claire x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Kim this is brilliant, I love that you framed the image them mounted it, it makes it even more striking!! Love it, Hope alls ok with you, Love Hazelxx

Janis Lewis said...

This is totally cool.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Awww Popcorn looks fab hun, love the colours you have used!
Hugs Shell xx

Alizabethy said...

This works so well - love it!

Nana said...

Now this is one AWESOME technique. Love the image you used. Have a creative day.

Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Penni said...

Wow - gorgeous.
Hugs
Penni
X

Jo said...

Popcorn looks awesome! I like how you've layered the squares onto the blue. It's a great effect. Love it :)