Saturday 8 February 2014

Silhouette 'Any Kind of Box' Challenge

It's the time for another challenge over at

Ch# 10 Box Any Type
Begins: Saturday, February 1
Ends: Friday, February 28

A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.

Sponsor this month is:


Good morning all, as you can see it is time for another challenge over at Silhouette Challenges and this month we are making 'Boxes of any kind'. I decided a while ago to make some organisation projects for my crafting space which is limited in this house. I chose to make this recipe box but not for recipes but to hold all those small sheets of bling that were scattered around my desk and drawers. I made it at the size it was in the file and it turned out perfect for my bling. I have had the designer card stock for ages, it was a freebie 12" stack from Colorbox years ago (I don't think they even sell paper/card stock anymore lol) I thought it was too nice to use but I am now going to make coordinating items for my room with it. The little alphabet stickers were also part of the stack. This is a lovely strong box as it is double walled (as shown in the second photo) from Bazzill card stock and then all the panel coverings are from the Colourbox card stock. 

A closed view

Here it is holding some of my bling.
Supplies:-
Card Stock - Bazzill
Designer Card Stock & Letters - Colorbox
Die Cut - Recipe Box #27660 by Lori Whitlock from the Silhouette Store

Hop on over and link up your project today.
Thanks for stopping by I will be back shortly with my My Time To Craft post.

6 comments:

Nana said...

What a beautiful way to store you embellishments. Love the papers and the cute little ruffle. Love it.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Becky said...

What a great idea! And you'll be able to have other matching organizational boxes in your space, too. I love it!

Scrapper69 said...

WOW Kim! That looks AWESOME! I LOVE how the paper really matches the "bling" we all seem to have! :o) Great project! :o)

Scrappin Sista said...

Great idea and great project!! I love it!!
hugs,
Alice B.

Pam said...

What a great box for embellishments!
Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Pam
♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥
♥ DT for Silhouette Challenges ♥

Julie Odil said...

Kim, this is such a good idea! I need a bunch of these to hold my bling stash! DT sister, Julie