Monday 30 December 2013

Natalie & Amy's 'One For The Girls' Challenge

Good morning how are we all? Full of turkey, all the trimmings plus lots of sweet treats too and now waiting for the new year to wash it all down with a drink or two before starting the major diet the very next day lol.

This month at Natalie & Amy's we are challenged to 'For The Girls' so that means it can be any occasion as long as it is for a girl. 

I have made a Christmas card which was for one of my granddaughter's. It is a large 8" x 8" card and I used both sides of a 12" x 12" sheet of backing paper from S.E.I called Holiday Cheer, I love this paper and wish I had brought more. My image is a Wee Stamp called 'Winter Fairy' that was a joy to colour. Coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, then I added some Woodware Fluffy Stuff to her cuffs and coat band, some Diamond Stickles to her wings, Glossy Accents to the berries and White Opal Liquid Pearls for snowdrops. The vellum is a piece of Papermania Polka Dot Glitter Vellum. Most of the items used are available in the store and I will link them in the supplies list below the photo.

Supplies:-
8" Square Card Blank - Natalie & Amy's
Card Stock - Bazzill
Designer Paper - Let's Create
Sentiment - Computer generated
Die Cuts - Snowflake Frame #23460 by Sophie Gallo Designs, Holly #5900 Rivka Wilkins & Snowflake #51000 by Sweet Elsie.

Promarkers & Flexmarkers Used:-
Skin - Oatmeal & Blush
Hair - Saddle Brown, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Tan & March Hare
Coat - Cyan, Sky Blue & Glacier Blue
Ear Muffs - Lime Green, Lime Zest & Aniseed
Holly & Berries - Pine, Lush Green, Berry Red & Lipstick Red
Robin - Cinnamon, Tan, Berry Red & Lipstick Red

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
To be edited.

Well that is all from me for this year, looking forward to meal out with some of the children on New Year's Eve as that is my hubbies birthday. It was supposed to be all the children & grandchildren but unfortunately my youngest son collapsed on the 23rd December whilst at work and has been in hospital with a chest infection, then on Christmas Day my new granddaughter ended up in hospital with RSV which means Respiratory Syncytial Virus and has been really poorly but is much better now. Hence neither of those families will be travelling.  

Here is hoping that 2014 is a much happier, healthier new year for everyone. So whatever you are doing have lots of fun & laughter but stay safe. 
Happy New Year to you all and see you in 2014.

1 comment:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card hun, just love the colours & layout!

I hope things have improved health wise with everyone...will ring you once girlies have gone back to school/college
hugs shell xx