Wednesday 21 August 2013

Summer Fun Birthday Card

Good afternoon everyone, how are you all today? The weather seems to have cheered up again so I hope you are all out enjoying it. As for me I am stuck indoors, doped up on pain medication and trying to ignore the agony that is going on in my back again.

I have a card to share with you today that I made at the weekend using another of my new Elisabeth Bell stamps, this one is called 'Big Splash'. I did something with this that I never do and that is I coloured the image before choosing any papers or embellishments. I love how it came out using these primary colours.


 Supplies:-
6" Square Card Blank - Natalie & Amy's
Card Stock - Bazzill
Designer Papers - Papermania 'Happy Days'
Brads - Stash
Twine - Let's Create

Promarkers & Flexmarkers Used:-
Skin - Coral, Sunkissed Pink & Blush
Hair - Buttercup, Eggnog & Daffodil Bloom
Shorts - Chilli Red, Poppy & Lipstick Red
Hose - Chartruese, Leaf Green & Green Shoot
Water - Arctic Blue & Glacier Blue
Grass - Grass
Flower - Sunset & Buttercup

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
Colour Me Creative - Anything Goes
Drunken Stampers - Use Twine
My Creative Moments - Childhood
Crafts 4 Eternity - Summer Fun
Simply Create Too - For A Child
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Colourful
Party Time Tuesdays - Colour/Picture Challenge
Crafty Cardmakers - Fun In The Sun

That's all from me for today, thanks for stopping by.

I KNOW MY BLOG LOOKS A LITTLE OUT OF LINE ETC, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GIVE IT A MAKEOVER BUT AM UNABLE TO SIT FOR TOO LONG DOING IT. HENCE IT IS TAKING TIME TO SORT IT OUT.

17 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Lovely sweet card, love the papers they are perfect for the image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Adorable card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers, Nicola X

mixamatoasties said...

What a sweet card.

Thanks for sharing at Crafty Sentiments this time.

Susan

Donna said...

Love the primary colours and that image is so cute! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week for the twine challenge!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Kim: Your card “For a Child” in our Challenge #44 is sssssoooooo cute–love the little boy! Thank you for joining us.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, Kim, it's so hard when your back won't cooperate. It really makes everything harder. I hope you feel better soon.
I love this fun card - look at that chubby little belly! So sweet. Thanks so much for coming to play with the Drunken *hiccup* Stampers this week :)

Jackie W said...

Gorgeously colorful card! Love the cute image and your coloring! The buttons are a perfect touch! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments!
Jackie W
SchoolinandScrappin

Lindsey said...

such a sweet image and card! Love the sentiment hanging like a sign, too. Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week!

Chitra Nair said...

This is such a sweet card, love the adorable image... Thanks for sharing it with us at PTT...

Mau xx said...

Hi Kim, sorry to hear you are having a rough spell sweetie, I hope your back soon improves and you get some relief for a while.
Love the cute card, I agree the colours are fab, and a super image.
Huge hugs coming your way xxxx
Mau xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Gorgeous card. Love everything, all those beautiful colors and those wonderful embellishments. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Color Me Creative challenge. We look forward in seeing you back again.

Pat
Design Team
blog

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the colours & papers you have used!
The thought of colouring before choosing papers brings me out in a cold sweat lol!
Hope your feeling betters
Miss our natters
Hugs Shell xx

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Kim… it's a very cute image and you've coloured it beautifully.. I love the papers and the fab sentiment and embellies! :-)
I'm sorry that your back has been bad hun... really hope it is a bit better for you now
Take Care
Big hugs
Sue xx

Jan said...

Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at CM xx Jan

Ellibelle said...

What a cute card! Darling image and sketch!
Thanks so much for playing along in my "childhood" wordplay challenge at My Creative Moments.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Kim this is brilliant, what a fabby card, I hope that things are starting to improve for you, Much Love Hazelxox