Friday 15 March 2013

Sparkles 'Birds' Challenge

Good morning all, the weekend is near and the weather is a little brighter so there is hope!

I cannot believe a whole month has gone by since I joined the lovely ladies at Sparkles Monthly Challenge and what a lovely lot of lace creations you entered. This month the challenge is 'Birds' so that means any kind of bird on your creation.  We are sponsored this month by Lili Of The Valley who are offering a £10 prize.

I was really struggling with this challenge as I don't really have any bird stamps apart from a Christmas one. I looked at some digi's and nothing jumped out at me so searched the Silhouette Store and found a few, then this pair appeared and I knew straight away I could use my Peachy Keen stamps to work with the die cut.

I had this clouds background from Hero Arts and sized it to fit the card blank, then cut the birds in the nest from Miss Kate Cuttables leaving out the face pieces. I used Peechy Keen Everyday Faces and just coloured the beaks. I used two different stamp sets for the sentiment and that was it, job done!


Supplies:-
6" Scalloped Card Blank - Boyes
Card Stock - Bazzill
Bless This Stamp - Studio G 'VS4911'
Home Stamp - Kars Castle 'Alphabet 2'
Silhouette Die Cuts - Clouds 'Hero Arts', Birds In Nest 'Miss K Cuttables'

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
Anything Goes - Seeing Double

That's all from me for today, I will be back tomorrow with my My Time To Craft card. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Mau xx said...

What a great card Kim, I love your tweetie birds. You are a clever lady, I would have fallen at the first hurdle...lol
Love the nest detail.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Mandy said...

Such a cute fun card Kim,I love it...Have a lovely weekend..
Mandy x

Anonymous said...

So cute!
Hugs Julie P

Unknown said...

Hi Kim, awwww ain't they just the cutest couple!! Fab card - love the background.

Sarah

shaz earl said...

Fab card Kim such cute little chicks & very clever how you have done the nest, love it
hugs Shaz x

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Kim!! those birds are adorable… love the little nest and the sky background… it's a very cute design! :-)
Big hugs
Sue xx

Lesley said...

Such a cute card Kim! xx

Annette said...

Such a fab card! They are soo cute the little birdies!
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes!
Hugs Annette