Saturday 2 March 2013

My Time To Craft 'Embossing' Challenge

Good morning everyone, if you are looking for the Crafty Calendar Challenge post you will find it below this one.

It's Saturday so that mean's it's time for a new challenge at My Time To Craft and we have gone really easy on you this week and chosen 'Embossing'. This can be either dry embossing or if you are feeling adventurous you can go for wet/heat embossing.

I have two cards for you today, the first I made as I couldn't resist the challenge over at Cameo Creations which is 'St Patrick's With Bling'. Now as some of you may know I got married on St Patrick's day 18 years ago this March 17th and I think I was very lucky to have done this and used that as my inspiration for the card.
I used various cuts from the Silhouette Cameo site and the 'Hearts' embossing folder from Craft Creations which is a little hard to see in the photo. 

Supplies:-
Card Stock - Bazzill
Sentiment - Crafty Sentiments
Gems - Dovecraft

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
Cameo Creations - St Patrick's With Bling
Southern Girls - Pennants or Banners
Cardz TV - Luck Of The Irish

My second card has been made for my eldest son's birthday on Monday, as you can probably tell he is mad on football and has always followed Tottenham Hotspurs.

I cut the football card die cut from the Cameo store and then traced the cockerel mascot myself using SCAL3. I am really pleased with how well it came out. I used the colours of the team for the elements. I embossed the base layer of the football with Cuttlebug's swiss dots.

Supplies:-
Card Stock - Bazzill
Sentiment - Teddy Bo
Embossing - Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots'
Die Cut - Soccer Card - 'Snapdragon Snippets' & Banner - 'SCAL3'

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
C.R.A.F.T - Embossing
Dutch Dare - For The Boys
Southern Girls - Banners or Pennants
Anything Goes - Make It Manly
Craft Room - For A Man

That's all from me, thanks for stopping by and please hop over to the challenge blog to see all the other lovely creations.

20 comments:

Carole said...

Someone's been playing on the silhouette!!
Super cards Kim
Hugs
Carole xXx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

These are both awesome hun, love the Spurs footie just perfect!
Hugs Shell xx

craft-roomjulia said...

Two wonderful creations and just perfect for our male theme this fortnight. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xxxxx

Pat said...

What a great soccer card Kim, never seen this die cut before.

Pat xx

Carol said...

What a super card. Love that football and adding the swiss dots makes such a difference. Super Mascot too. Whoever recieves this will love it. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this time and good luck
Carol xx DT

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh these are both brilliant, What great cards, Hope you have a wonderful anniversary when it arrives and Happy Birthday to your son, Love Hazelxo

Ann said...

Great cards! Calling this a football makes me smile, since we call it soccer here! :)

Unknown said...

Love your soccer "football" card. Great details like the embossing on the white of the ball. Thanks for joining us at the Dutch Dare.

Krafty Kows said...

Great football card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT this week. Jeanette

Tammy said...

These are fantastic Kim!! I love all of the different die cutting!
Hugs, Tammy

Mandy said...

Fabulous cards Kim,love all your fancy cuts....
Mandy x

Judith said...

These are fab Kim - great ideas for both of them - love them! hugs judith x

angelic crafter said...

lovely cards and both with a great banner and pennant! would love to have a silhouette, looks like you have so much fun with yours! Thanks for joining us in our banners or pennants challenge over at the Southern Girls Challenge. XOX Tania

Sue B said...

These are gorgeous designs Kim… I love the way you've done the letters in the first card… and the shamrocks look fab!
and the second one looks wonderful with the embossing showing through… what a fab idea to do a football shaped card! :-)
Sorry I haven't been around for a while… hope you had a good weekend!
Love Sue xx

Mervi said...

Hi, oh so gorgeous creations, just fab cards!
Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

Lawren said...

Very nice creations. Thanks for joining Dutch Dare Card Challenges.

Lawren

Pop's Cards said...

Wow these are just amazing I love the top one best x x x

Mau xx said...

Superb cards Kim, Both so different but equally gorgeous. I love the colour of the first one.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Janice said...

Great cards and so personalised. Lovely work. Jx

Melissa said...

Crisp and clean perfect for the challenge, thanks for joining CTVS!