Sunday 25 September 2011

Bitten By The Bug 2 Plus Karaoke Boy

Good evening all, thank you for popping by today. 

Here I have my last couple of projects I have made with my Cricut. 

Over at Bitten By The Bug 2 they have two challenges going on and I have combined the two together, I hope that is ok if not please delete my entries.
 The first challenge was to use the cut 'Time 4 Fun' from the Cuttin Up cartridge but I don't have that one so made my own cut using Plantin Schoolbook. The second challenge is to create a project using the word 'Classroom'. Now both of these hard me stuck for a while but then as always I reverted back to my teaching days and made a reward chart.

This works best with young children probably reception year or maybe year 1, this is equivalent to Kindergarten I believe in the U.S. As you can see on the second picture I cut out 30 stars for the number of pupils in the class and the object is that once all the stars have made it onto the chart the children get a free session to do whatever activity they wish for the afternoon.

Classroom, rewards and time 4 fun were cut from Plantin Schoolbook and the books, scissors and glue are from Locker Talk. I actually cut the scissors, glue and books for another project but the person they were for changed her mind so they fitted nicely into this project. 


This is how I love to see the chart, the children can write their initials on the stars if they want to. I have also changed shapes each time it has been filled in the past.

Supplies:-
Scrapbook Paper - Sugar Tree 'Steve's Pages SF13'
Card Stock - Bazzill
Cricut - Expression
Border Die - Xcut 'Scallops'
White Pen - Sakura

Other challenges I would like to enter this into:-
Simon Says Stamp - Dies To Die For
Craft Us Crazy - School or End Of Summer

My second project is a simple card for a boy and this is where I struggle with the Cricut because I always think my cards have too much white space lol. I used lots of different embossing folders on this card for texture and interest and all the cuts are from Paper Dolls For Everyday. Maybe one day I will be happy with this type of card. At least they come in handy for my god children's friends!

                                     
Supplies:-
6" Square Card Blank - Craft Superstore
Card Stock - Bazzill
Cricut - Expression
Embossing - Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots', 'Tiny Bubbles', 'Houndstooth' & 'Diamond Plate'
Sentiments - Unknown (I won this stamp set ages ago but I can't remember who from if anyone recognises them please let me know so I can give credit)
Twine - My Craft Spot

Challenges I would like to enter this into:-
The Crazy Challenge - Men Only
Stamps R Us - Birthday Card
Top Tip Tuesday - For A Child
Celebrate The Occasion - Birthday With Balloons
My Mum's Craft Shop - Boys & Girls




Just before I go I want to remind you all of the upcoming new release from Crafty Sentiments . On Tuesday we will be launching the brand new Crafty Cutter Die as well as the new monthly baby release so you won't want to miss it.


I will be back Tuesday with my project for the new release.

24 comments:

Jayne said...

Kim love both your projects.You have been busy with your cricut!Lol!Great job and love the finishing touches you added.Thanks for playing at CTO.
Jayne x

Susan Edwards said...

Kim, your project are adorable. Great idea for using the BBTB2 challenge cut!! I really like the chart style, colors, and elements. Sans the stars this would be a great layout too! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week!!

xx Susan

Annette said...

Wow, some great ideas here with the rewards board. Love the card too. It is a great colour combo for kids. You should be proud of it.

Thanks for joining our kids challenge at TTT this week.

Annette xx
(ps I have candy on my blog if you want to enter!)

A Little Time said...

These projects are just adorable! I love how you were able to incorporate the challenge and the contest into one entry! Awesome! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great project! Love the concept! The stars are really fun!

Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2! DT Member Carri

GiGi said...

What great projects! I love the karaoke machine! Thanks for playing at CTO!

DonnaMundinger said...

FAbulous work! Great job combining the challenge and the contest. Such a darling chart, I'm sure the kids will love it. Your card is darling too. I think it looks just perfect. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 and best of luck. xxD

Maria said...

Great way to use the Time 4 Fun! Thanks for joining us in the challenge at BBTB2!

Christine said...

Love both of your projects! I think your card looks great with the white background, however sometimes if I don't like the white behing, I will use a wallpaper looking DP on the top 2/3 and brown or floor color on the bottom. That seems to work good. Sometimes I use a gray Copic to shade at the bottom of the wall.

Just a thought but I love your card just the way it is!!!

I'm cathcing up on my blog hopping tonight so I'll be looking at your recent posts but might not comment on everything. Just wanted you to know I was here!!!

Trail of Treasures said...

It's his big day so he should belt it out in that mic of his!! Great job with the challenge! Thanks for celebrating birthdays with us at CTO!

Hugs,
Tracey - CTO DT member
www.trailoftreasures.com

Elaine Stark said...

A super boys card. Lots of lovely texture. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Jo said...

I don't often see cards made with die-cuts anymore, everyone seems to stamp instead. This is a nice change, and lovely to see.
Thank you for joining in the challenge at Stamps R Us.
Jo xx
(Stamps R Us Guest Designer)

Laurie said...

Love that little guy! So cute!!! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Karen Pinsonat said...

I love your classroom board, such a great idea! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

Jill said...

gorgeous cards love the image with the balloons thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

Caroljenks said...

2 fantastic projects here - what an amazing Rewards Board - I wish my teacher's had used one ...although maybe the star with CJ on it would never have made the board as I was always too messing with my paints and glue ;)

Thanks for joining in with our 'Kids' Challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday this week and don't forget if you have a Top Tip to share with us you will be in the running to win another prize! Just add (TIP) after your name when you link :)

Carol x

Carol L said...

These are both wonderful creations, and I just love the embossed balloons on the little boy card! Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love all your different embossing folders you used, such a cute card! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

Melissa said...

Such an adorable little guy and the embossing choices are great, thanks for joining CTO!

Esther said...

Cute little guy with the balloons! Love your embossing!
Thanks for joining us at CTO!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful creations, love all the embossing on the card.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

callyannc said...

Super cute karoke boy! TFS callyAnn
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com
come on over:)

~JulieH~ said...

What a great reward chart and such a good way to encourage children. Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
Juliexx

Lori1brat said...

What a great chart for rewarding the children !!!! I am so glad you joined us at BBTB2 ! Lori