Tuesday 7 July 2009

Passion For Promarkers Challenge

This week over at Passion For Promarkers there is a great sketch to go with the colours of 'cornflower blue and cocoa'. The Design Team have come up with some really beautiful designs again.
Each week the design team have been giving us weekly tutorials on how to do different things with our pens. I have been following these week by week because I did not have a clue about building the different colours up or shading and I think I am gradually learning. This week I spent time following the tutorials as I coloured the jumper and trousers of my image and I am really pleased with how it turned out, however you cannot really see the shading in the photo. I have taken several photo's but to no avail.
The promarkers I have used are as follows:-
Mug - Apple
Face - Ivory, Blossom & Blush
Clothing - Cinnamon, Cocoa, Blue Pearl & Cornflower
Hair - Cinnamon, cocoa, henna, burnt umber & burnt sienna.


Supplies:-

  • 6" square card blank - Craft Superstore
  • Designer paper - DCWV 'Butterflies & Blossoms'
  • Blue cardstock - Paper Mill
  • Image - Sugar Nellie 'Hug in a mug'
  • Ink - Memento 'black & cocoa'
  • Sentiment - Papermania 'Signature Range'
  • Die - Nestie 'Classic Ovals'
  • Embossing - Cuttlebug 'Leafy Branch'
  • Punch - Xcut small & midi 'Daisy'
  • Brads, charm & gem - From stash.
Thank you for looking at my card.
Kim xXx

11 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Kim, what a pretty card. I love the image you've used and your colouring looks fab. I'm glad the tutorials are helping you with your shading. Keep tuning in on a Friday as there lots more to see! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Suzanne said...

Great card Kim I love the image and I am pleased you are enjoying the PFP blog,thank you for joining us at PFP. Sue :o)

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card Kim, thanks so much for joining us at PFP this week. x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card - love your colouring.
Cathy xx

Michele Roos said...

Oh what a fabulous card Kim, love the image you've used. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kim,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Wiccababe said...

such a pretty card, colouring is lovely and I like your choice of papers
thanks for joining us this week on PfP and good luck
Debbi
xx

Caryn said...

Absolutley gorgeous - love that image and your colouring is fab.

Thanks for joining in again at PFP

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Anonymous said...

Great card Kim, love the image and papers you've chosen, they look lovely.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card...love the bright colors and your coloring is awesome....HUGS...SK :)

Ida / Little said...

Hi Kim, you have made such a gorgeous card! I'm loving the colors and the embossed backing paper. And who can not love that sweet image? Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :)

Hugs Ida